Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!


I was thinking and reflecting last night….it is hard to believe that the FIRST DECADE of the SECOND MILLENNIUM has just past.

In the early 1970’s when I was in my early 20s, I remember thinking that I had a good chance to live long enough to see the year 1984. This being the title of one of my favorite books and a title of a David Bowie song from his 1974 album Diamond Dogs at this time, made a personal impact with this thought. This epiphany stayed with me until that date passed and life went on to the next milestone…..the end of the 20th century and introduction of the Millennium.

This just seems like yesterday but now the first decade of this new millennium has just past last night. (Now that I extend this thought, it really passed last year in 2009 didn't it because it started with the year 2000) Oh well I did not think about it until last night. Screw it....

So I will now close this posting with, “What I do know for sure, the years to come will truly be a BRAVE NEW WORLD!” Another good book by the way!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Best Wishes to you, Engineer, for a great New Year. Who knows what the 'fates' have in store for this 11th year of the 21st century? My father, believe it or not, was born 4 years BEFORE the 20th century. What would he think of all of the technology available to us at this time in our progression of the 'new' and the 'fast'?

    He was always interested in the stars and had a 12 in reflecting telescope set up in our back yard through which he enjoyed the stars, galaxies and planets. Imagine the astronomical discoveries that will be uncovered in 2011. Too bad that he never got to see them, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engineer,
    Happy New Year, and let's keep bashing those crazy teabaggers all year!

    ReplyDelete